Wednesday, September 9, 2015

thoughts

I'm looking at these pictures and thinking "man, I really do need a haircut!", and "I'm loving my tan... I hope it doesn't fade away too fast", also "wow, my style really has changed". 

That last thought prompted me to look back at my older posts and just reflect. Hitting my mid 20s has made me think a lot about my past, my present, and my future. The way I used to be and the way I am now. I've always found dressing up as an artistic outlet to my emotions, thoughts, and way of perceiving life. So, I believe that the way I feel inside is directly correlated to the way I dress. 

I could go on and write a whole essay about how I feel my life has changed and how I am starting to set up new kinds of goals in my life. I just think time is of essence and we don't have much to waste. How cliché is that? As cliché as it may sound, it probably is the biggest truth we have.

Now, this doesn't mean I threw away all the clothes I've bought these past five years. It just means I wear them, but in a different way. I still like to feel fun, sexy, and feminine. But, above all, I want to feel me, or at least, the present me. It's something that I like to think of as me growing as a person.


angela-20 angela-23 angela-26 angela-24 angela-19 angela-22 angela-21 angela-25 angela-27
top: Romwe, shorts: h&m, golden tattoos: My Kitsch (here), silver accessories: My Kitsch (also available in 14k gold here, here, and here)


If you've followed me for a while, you know how much I love a good background. This isn't the first time I take pictures in front of a historic house. Last year, I did a Cinco de Mayo post in front of this beautiful, historic (teal blue?) house. 

This time, I took pictures in front of a house I always walk by, and that has intrigued me for years. It's the James Blake House, the oldest house in Boston, built in 1661. If you're from Boston and want to read more about it, click here.

I never felt the courage to walk into it by myself, but Cynthia and I were feeling a little adventurous that day. Plus, did you see all those beautiful flowers? How could you stop yourself from going in?

I hope you enjoyed!

xx


Photography by: Cynthia Wong

26 comments:

  1. i love your top! this must be so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in my early 20s, but seeing people of my age and younger even getting so ahead in life makes me feel like time is of the essence as well. I think, however, that by the time I wrap my head around that truth, I'll have wasted enough time to get a major wake up call, but I'd like to also think that I'm working towards improvement in that sense.

    In any case, love this easy-going outfit (and the location!!!)

    sampzandsuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shirt, love it!
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearhels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tan is indeed lovely and your beautiful. If you will cut your hair, I am curious what kind of style you will choose! The outfit you're wearing is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you girl! For some reason I can't leave a comment on your website. But, I wanted to say that I am thinking of doing my nails today and will look at your designs to get inspired:)

      xx

      Delete
  5. I am loving that top:) And I like the setting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great to see you back in the blogging sphere!! love the lace up sandals :)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pics, you look beautiful. Love all about your outfit, but the sandals and the shorts are really cool! The hardest part of growing up is losing things and people you never thought you would. The best part of growing up is being able to make your own choices, discovering things and discovering yourself, that will last longer than any heartache and betrayal :)
    Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a fabulous week ahead<3

    x♥x♥

    "Health & Beauty"





    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING pictures ! Great blog. Good luck :)



    http://linselfportrait.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfit!!

    http://mepasoeldiamirando.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Las imagenes son preciosas! Y sales genial! Tienes un blogg precioso!
    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Las imagenes son preciosas! Y sales genial! Tienes un blogg precioso!
    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos! Lovely safari look! That top is amazing :)
    http://www.hajducica.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look beautiful! I love the shirt!
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. First let me start by saying how amazing that location is. I love how much thought you put into it. I found myself with the same thoughts when I hit my mid-twenties. My style changed dramatically, giving way to more minimalist preferences which only strengthened as I grew older. Time has also been on my mind more and more. How little we have of it, and how much time I've wasted/not wasted chasing dreams and such. Sigh. But it's better to be aware then numb to it all and find yourself on a death bed when you're wrinkly and grey full of regret.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how earthy this looks, its perfect for the backgrounds! great fall style too, really pretty x

    http://lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think sometimes seeing my own pics, also think about cuting my hair :-) Love so mad the outfit specially blouse and sandlas

    Melange-Boutique Blog by Noe&Lolita

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whenever I go back to my very first post, I feel like "man I have changed a lot" similar thoughts like you, and I really love how this blogosphere has taken me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the outfit. those sandals and that blouse go perfectly together. I totally feel the same about my style changing. We grow up, we evolve. It's a beautiful process.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you styled your paisley print.

    Shubila
    http://sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing outfit!! I love the combo, the blouse is so gorgeous and looks perfect with that shorts and sandals <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. great pictures, it has great atmosphere:)

    www.bridgeofmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete