Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests

Hi!

I know I have completely disappeared from the blog. It's a little hard to shoot and post as much as I would like to. I guess I've been busy with life in general, but I have been active on Instagram, so if you ever want to know what I'm up to while I'm away from the blog, you can find me there (@milkyinstant).

I have done a little bit of traveling since my last post: I went to New Orleans, Houston, Portland, Miami, and some Caribbean islands (in Honduras, Mexico, Belize and Cayman Islands). I've had a pretty good year so far and hope it stays that way. After last year, it was only fair.

I am debating whether or not I should post pictures from my trips. They were all taken with my phone so the quality is not the best.

Moving on to what really matters in this post: the pictures. I met with Melissa at the Arnold Arboretum for this shoot. If you don't live in Boston, let's just say we met at a very magical place. This arboretum is what fairytales are made of.

I wore this beautiful jumpsuit from Lavish Alice. It is one of my favorite clothing pieces, and it definitely is a showstopper.

XP6A4220 XP6A4268 XP6A4269 XP6A4254
jumpsuit: Lavish Alice


I am not a Sunday morning inside four walls 
with clean blood
and organized drawers.
I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests
at night when no one else is alive
or awake
however you choose to see it
and I live in my own flames
sometimes burning too bright and too wild 
to make things last
or handle myself 
or anyone else
and so I run.
Run run run
far and wide
until my bones ache and lungs split
and it feels good.
Hear that people? It feels good
because I am the slave and ruler of my own body
and I wish to do with it exactly as I please



Photography by: Melissa Isabel

18 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally loving the jumpsuit, such cool short
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your whole look is perfection. Beautiful photos and beautiful striped outfit. Great blog you have, stay inspired!


    xoxo,

    www.fashionerza.com

    I can rock any outfits, come follow my online diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah you have been MIA, and a little travel sounds like a lot to me! And love this photos they are gorgeous!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. these photos are so gorgeous !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing photos!
    xx
    http://www.littlemisstwiggy.com/2016/11/4607/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This jumpsuit is gorgeous!
    And you are so beautiful!
    Kisses from Spain

    http://www.coco-smile.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh my goodness, your photos are stunning! I adore your outfit and how the light brings out the glow of your face, you look amazing! Love the poetry extract too :D following you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram - tempting Too Faced Gingerbread giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very chic and warm look for the holidays ... Simply beautiful! :)
    Merry Christmas!
    http://www.pickedresses.com/ottawa-prom-dresses-c_31/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so so so fashionable and beautiful, dear.
    www.fsjshoes.com supplies blog sponsor…..
    If you want cooperation, you can contact email shriny@fsjshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures show me again that it is really worth to visit, thanks for sharing! You will like to see more fun from here.

    ReplyDelete